The K-1 nonimmigrant fiancevisa is for the foreign-resident fiancé(e) of an United States Of America (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States Of America and marry his or the woman U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 times of arrival
What exactly is a “Fiancé(e)”?
Under U.S. immigration legislation, a foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen is the person of an approved Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, who has been given a nonimmigrant K-1 visa for journey to the United States Of America in an effort to marry his or the woman U.S. resident fiancé(e). Both the U.S. resident additionally the K-1 visa candidate must have been legitimately no-cost to marry at the time the petition had been submitted and must have remained therefore after that. The relationship needs to be lawfully possible in accordance to guidelines associated with the U.S. state in which the marriage will simply take destination.
In general, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) and U.S. resident sponsor must have satisfied in individual within the past two years. USCIS may grant an exclusion to this necessity, according to severe difficulty for the U.S. resident sponsor to really meet the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), or, for instance, if it’s contrary within the U.S. citizen sponsor’s or foreign-citizen fiancé(e)’s tradition for a man and woman to satisfy before relationship.
What is cost to get a fiancé visa?
As of September 2015, the complete filing charges for the K-1 procedure were $340 for Form I-129F (recorded with USCIS), $265 to use for the K visa (paid towards the consulate), and $1,070 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (recorded with USCIS), including the biometrics charge.
What’s a K-1 Visa?
The fiancé (e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé (e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé (e) to journey to the United States Of America and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 times of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then use for adjustment of condition to a permanent resident (LPR) with all the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because a fiancé (e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to your U.S. and marry a U.S. resident soon after arrival in the United States, the fiancé (e) must satisfy a few of the needs of an immigrant visa. Qualified kids of K-1 visa candidates obtain K-2 visas.
Applying for a Visa
The NVC will mail you a letter with regards to sends your fiancé(e) instance towards the U.S. Consulate or Embassy. When you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to just take the below-listed steps to use for a K-1 visa and prepare for the meeting.
Qualified kids of K-1 visa people may use for K-2 visas. Separate programs needs to be submitted for each K visa applicant, and each K visa applicant must pay the visa program fee.
You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and qualified kids applying for K-2 visas) will be necessary to bring the following documents and types towards the visa meeting:
- Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- A passport valid for travel to the United States along with quality times at the very least six months beyond your intended period of remain in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements offer exemptions).
- Breakup or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and also the U.S. citizen sponsor
- Police certificates from your current nation of house and all sorts of countries in which you have got resided for six months or more since get older 16
- Medical examination (vaccinations are identify, optional below)
- Proof of economic assistance (Form I-134, Affidavit of help, can be requested)
- Two (2) 2×2 photographs. Begin to see the needed photo structure explained in photo Requirements
- Proof of connection with your U.S. resident fiancé(e)
- Payment of fees